Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. Psalm 84:3

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Life As Emma...

Emma wanted to submit a book for Young Authors Week...
written and illustrated by Emma!

Once upon a time I lived in China. I was born there. Five years ago a couple came to China, I did not know that they had come to take me home to Idaho and be a family because I did not speak English! I showed them all kinds of flowers. The white ones were my favorite. They showed me airplanes. We took a big plane to the US. After the plane stopped we drove to my new house. My parents showed me all the rooms. I now had to brothers. After a few years I was told I was not in the right family and a new couple was coming to get me. I had to pack all my things and say goodbye. My old mom hugged me and gave me a folder of memories. I went with Nicole and Ed to fly all the way to Florida! I came to another new house and met Nana my new mommy's mom. Now I had three brothers, one sister and a cat named Jacomo. Life with my new family is good because they help me learn right and wrong. I can be a big sister to Kelli. I teach her math and money and read together. I like that I can be helpful. I try to be a good sister and friend. My new family is the best one of all, because I have lots of family to help me do the right thing and grow up to be a big girl. I want my new family to love me their new daughter Emma.

1 notes:

Livin' out loud said...

Oh gosh Nicole! If this girl didn't have a little piece of my heart before, she sure does now!! I am seriously crying right now. Please give a squeeze from me and tell her we said "good job!!"