Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. Psalm 84:3

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Great Snakes Alive (in my Garage!)

Thursday afternoon I opened the garage door and was shocked to see a very long and very fast snake was sunbathing against the door. As I stepped around the car to get the mail the snake went into the garage! Now I peed myself, there was a snake in my garage! I couldn't leave the garage door open because I had to take the kids to school (and this is not Hoover, AL anymore.) So I closed him inside and was planning on how to tell Jen and Brain the kids and I were staying the night! As I drove to Sal and Kelli's school I had a breakdown and had to call April for backup. After she was done laughing at my story she said call 911, the police or fire will hear how upset you are and come. While we were talking and driving (I am sure this is a big no! no!) a "trapper" truck was in front of me. I called the number and after she was done laughing at me, she informed me that it is a harmless black racer and I should be grateful that he will eat my rodents and she would not be sending a trapper. I informed her we don't have rodents and be grateful I don't come over there to kick her ass. I got to the school in total meltdown mode and everyone with in minutes knew about my snake. (Sal thought this was the best show and tell story ever.) Some people suggested I go home and leave the garage door open and the snake may just come out on its own. Okay how the hell would I know if he left? Would he leave a sign? No one has seen my garage, there is enough boxes and hiding places to bury Jimmy Hoffa, so this 5 foot snake should be able to live in there FOREVER and not to mention enough spiders to feed him for all eternity, why would he leave? Stacey (Sal's friend Brandon's mom) offered up her hubby to come to my rescue (for which I will be forever grateful) and after an hour of searching my garage he found the snake all coiled up in the opposite corner of the garage, by the door leading to the house! Needless to say I will not be opening the garage door with out the broom and flashlight for a while.

0 notes: